Friday, June 11, 2010

End of school year

Well, the school year has ended with the traditional tie dye day and on the last day they had a barbeque in the rain. This is Oregon after all!
I managed to get a pitfiring in for the class this last semester, and I got a few nice pieces turn out from it myself. Now that classes have ended I should have more time to create some pieces for upcoming shows in September and October.
I got notice this week that the charter school I teach for has received a grant (that I wrote) to run my ceramic program all next school year. I am relieved and thrilled!
I also am receiving some funding to help sponsor my Kids in Clay program this year, thanks to a grant from the Douglas County Cultural Coalition. My summer program is for kids age 4 and up on Saturdays from 10-11am at Clay Potential Pottery. Starts at the end of the month.
Riddle, Oregon is a really, really small town, so having anything for kids to do around here is a wonderful opportunity for them.
In the mean time, I am getting materials together to teach at a week long kids art camp in the park. Going to do clay, painting, & bead workshops next week. fun! more later, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment